Engineers Club of Kansas City Scholarships
The Engineers Club of Kansas City, acting through its Student Assistance Committee (SAC), exists to assist deserving students
from the greater Kansas City area in obtaining an engineering education. These funds are normally limited to $750 (freshmen)
and up to $2,500 (4th and 5th year seniors). Applicants need to reapply annually.
The recipient of a scholarship from the Engineers Club of Kansas City agrees to comply with the following conditions:
- To restrict expenditures to a reasonable minimum in accordance with the applicant’s claim of limited means.
- To give concrete evidence of financial need by the earning of as large a part of his/her expenses as possible when and if
scholastic requirements will permit.
- To give concrete evidence that the student is acting in good faith in planning to graduate with an engineering degree from
an ABET accredited engineering college.
- To commit no acts reflecting poorly upon the applicant’s good moral character.
- To use the scholarship funds only for the purposes intended, and to keep the SAC advised as to progress, scholastic term
reports, and needs.
- To make a contribution to the Student Assistance Program after graduation to assure the program’s continued effectiveness
and as a gesture of appreciation.
The application for student assistance can be downloaded from the link below, or may be available from area high
school guidance counselors and financial aid offices of area universities (Kansas & Missouri) with accredited schools
of engineering. Once applications are received, the Student Assistance Committee will review each application for
eligibility and need. SAC members are available to provide insight about the benefits of pursuing an engineering
degree, average costs of college, etc.
The acceptance of an application does not imply any obligation on the part of the Engineers Club of Kansas City or the SAC.
All information given in the application will be considered confidential. No publicity as to the amount of any grant-in-aid
will be permitted.
The annual deadline for the ECKC Scholarship applications to be received or post marked is April 30th.
Other information required includes: (1) your high school transcript (if you are a graduating senior preparing
to enter college), or (2) your last semester’s grades printed from the university website
(if you are currently a student continuing your college education).
Please return completed application to:
Tony O’Malley, P.E., SAC Chairman
Larkin Lamp Rynearson
9200 Ward Parkway, Suite 200
Kansas City, MO 64114
Scholarship Guidelines & Application Download:
Download ECKC Scholarship Guidelines (.pdf)
Download ECKC Scholarship Application (.pdf)